- liquid amber centre - think gold with a touch of orange
- the lightest pale rim
- moderate legs (a wine of 12.5%)
clean nose; fully intense bouquet
- exotic flowers - I wish I could be more specific, but alas
- wild grasses
- dusty terroir
- something deep, dark and earthy - almost but not quite truffle
clean palate, 0 dryness, moderate++ acid, 0 tannin, moderately intense flavors
- very sherry notes! this tasted for all the world like it was made using a Solera system... my father (a font of information on wine) says this may be due to bottle shock from all the travel
- smelled and tasted of oak, but it didn't seem like French or American > puzzling
- apple flavors throughout the palate, most especially Golden Delicious apples
moderate body, moderate alcohol, exquisite structure
"It's the white wine that drinks like a red" said Sebastian. And he was right! It was the craziest thing, sipping on this wine and closing my eyes - almost drinking it like a Chianti (with the sherry notes of course). A really intriguing wine that demands alot of it's drinker. My beautiful wife said that it wasn't her favorite white - but she's more into the Gewurtz, Viogner, etc... for me, I love Muscadet, Alvarino, Alsatian Pinot Gris.... I frikin loved this wine. Decant it for a minimum of an hour - 2 is even better. And if it's travelled any length of time - please allow it to rest before serving.
I will make more notes on this later, when I have another reason to truly celebrate and treat myself!
1999 Chateau Mussar (white) Bekkaa Valley (Lebannon) by the Hochar family
**treat yourself one day - this wine is worth much more money than they charge!