- garnet centre
- cherry brickish rim indicating little age (2007)
- moderate++ legs indicating 13% alcohol or plus
clean nose; moderate++ intense notes
- hot alcohol!
- lots of leathery oak
- cigar box
- classical Malbec aromas of blackberry, plum & dark chocolate
- rich Argentinean terroir: I don't know how to explain that, but when you've had enough Argentinean wine - you know it
clean palate; 0 dryness, moderate+ acids, moderate++ tannin, full- intense flavors of
- rich and robust Malbec flavors predominate this wine; blackberry, plum, dark chocolate
- some definite spiciness due to the Shiraz in the blend
- tannins are chewy, but not as rough as one might expect from so young - this is due in large part to the winemaker and his unique methods (see the article in www.wine.com )
moderate+ body, very hot alcohol (14.5% and you feel it), excellent structure
Great wine. It wasn't until now that I realize this is a 90 to 91 point wine disguised by a $15 to $20 pricetag. Wow! Delightfully rich in flavor, and surprisingly soft in it's tannins for so young, I think this wine drinks well now - but will be superlative in another year or two. It really does love grilled meats and as I said - was delicious with a cassoulet-like dish.
2007 Clos de Los Siete (48% Malbec, 28%Merlot, 12% Cabernet Sauvignon, 12% Syrah)
by Michel Rolland in the Oru Valley, Mendoza, Argentina
Nuba Lebanese Restaurant
-we stopped in here almost by chance... a little restaurant downstairs that has changed hands many times over the past 10 years, it was just begging to have someone snoop around (*grin*). Wonderfully attentive staff, we were inspired immediately by their selection of freshly squeezed juices which anyone in Canada will tell you is far too rare.
My cousin had fresh raspberry juice, which I suppose was good, but couldn't tell because it disappeared so quickly! My own drink was raspberry juice with Flor de Cana rum, pomegranate juice, lemon juice & a sugar rim. Fantastically refreshing, this opened my palate and quenched my thirst... serve this on a hot summer day and I'll order a dozen!