First on our plate (literally) was the Sauvignon Blanc with boursin cheese, rice crackers (for me the celiac) and a vegetarian antipasto.
2009 Sauvignon Blanc, 13.5%, 91 Points by Wine & Spirits Magazine
$14 CAN **excellent value**
- vibrant lemony gold color, moderate++ intense bouquet of exotic fruits, wild flowers & mild citrus notes
- moderate+ acids, phenomenal balance for such a modestly priced wine! palate matches the nose exactly
- bouquet of hot alcohol, violets, leathery oak, blood, gamey meat, chalky soil
- moderate++ acids, full tannins, fully intense palate that matches the nose brilliantly
- This was a fantastic wine that will only get better! Buy it now - buy a case, then pull out a new bottle every 3 months to watch it develop. Great structure already, and a fully satisfying balance, there are enough tannins and acids to see this drinking well for another 3 to 5 years easily (IMHO)